Explore South Devon’s Beauty from Your Home at Aish Cross Cottages
Nestled between the charming village of Stoke Gabriel and the historic town of Totnes, Aish Cross Holiday Cottages offer the perfect escape to South Devon’s captivating landscapes. Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the River Dart valley, just a 5-minute drive away, where activities abound for families, couples, and nature enthusiasts alike.
Unwind by the River Dart:
- Stroll along the riverbanks in Stoke Gabriel, just a mile and a half away, and try your hand at crabbing or launch your own boat or canoe for a serene adventure.
- Take a boat trip down the river to Dartmouth, (or even the famous triangle Steam Railway/Boat/Open Top Bus adventure from Paignton)
Discover Family Fun:
- A 5-minute drive takes you to Paignton Zoo Environmental Park, a haven for over 2,000 animals, where conservation takes centre stage.
- Journey back in time with a visit to the quaint Elizabethan market town of Totnes, boasting unique shops and cafes that proudly uphold their independence.
Indulge in Local Delights:
- Taste the exquisite wines and cheeses produced at Sandridge Barton, the home of Sharpham Wines, just 2 miles away.
- The River Shack on the Mill Pond in Stoke Gabriel is a must for young and old serving delicious food including pizzas from their log burning oven – Oh and local sumptuous ice creams are not to be missed either!
- The historic 16th Century Church House Inn Stoke Gabriel, full of character serves up super ‘pub grub’ and a fine selection of local cider and beer – (30 minute walk from our cottages – not recommended at night – no street lighting)
Explore Further Afield:
- Embark on a culinary adventure, enjoying fresh seafood in Brixham, exploring the bustling harbour, or picnicking on Berry Head with its stunning seascapes
- Take a scenic 15-minute countryside drive towards Kingswear and visit Greenway House, Agatha Christie’s former residence, now a National Trust property.
- Discover the captivating gardens of Coleton Fishacre, another National Trust gem, previously the home of the D’Oyly Carte family, also on the way to Kingswear
- From Kingswear, hop on the ferry to charming Dittisham and enjoy a meal at The Ferry Boat Inn, or continue across the river to Dartmouth for a delightful day of exploration.
Embrace the Coast:
- Discover a selection of stunning beaches within easy reach, including the popular Torbay beaches of and the more secluded Mansands near Brixham.
- For award-winning sandy shores, venture 45 minutes to Blackpool Sands, near Dartmouth or explore other gems like Bantham, Thurlestone, and East Portmouth (Salcombe).
- The mild climate of the River Dart valley invites you to enjoy outdoor pursuits throughout the year. Hike scenic trails and the South West Coastal Path, cast a line for fish, spot diverse birdlife, or indulge in delicious local fare.
- Take to the water with canoeing, sailing, or crabbing adventures.
- Play a round of golf at one of the 6 nearby courses or explore the region on horseback or bike
Explore Charming Towns:
- Immerse yourself in the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Torquay, with its beaches, shops, cafes, and the historic Torre Abbey.
- Paignton offers a traditional seaside experience with its long sandy beach, pier, and array of shops and restaurants.
- Discover the rich history and maritime charm of Brixham, known for its picturesque harbour and fresh seafood market.
- Totnes, a historic market town, boasts a relaxed atmosphere and independent shops and cafes.
- Rugged Dartmoor and its wild ponies is just 9 miles away
Plan Your Perfect Escape: