We love well behaved dogs – and they are just as welcome as their well behaved owners!
Being dog friendly doesn’t mean compromising on luxury or comfort, and we do everything we can to ensure “our best friends” have a really enjoyable stay too.
Upon arrival we supply a ‘a doggy welcome pack’ which includes a blanket for covering chairs, settees etc, towels for wiping down muddy paws, poo bags, bowls, doggy treats and where required ‘I’m on Holiday’ tags showing the Aish Cross name address and telephone number (home phone numbers may not be much use when on holiday!)
Outside of our 3 holiday cottages we have a lovely 1 acre orchard garden which is for the exclusive use of our guests – It is not fully enclosed because of our entrance drive, but it is a very quiet peaceful location, ideal for doggy exercising under the right supervision. There is also a poo bin.
Aish is a location where there are lots of lovely dog walks – in particular, through the back lane opposite our house into Stoke Gabriel, passing the picturesque local cricket ground, and ending up at the Mill Pond on the banks of the river Dart – in all 35 minutes each way. We also provide details of other lovely local walks to explore. Here, on our website we also provide a list of ‘doggy friendly’ beaches, pubs and cafes.
We do have a few simple requests directed to our doggy owners
- Dogs should be kept under control, and on a lead if necessary – there may be young children or other dogs in the other cottages, and we also have 2 ginger cats, Pippa and Kate, who are very friendly but definitely not good at socialising with pooches!
- Pretty obvious – but all poos should be picked up and put in the poo bin.
- We ask that dogs should be kept downstairs where there are rugs and a wood laminate floor as opposed to the upstair rooms which are carpeted. To assist with this request we have stair gates at the bottom of each staircase.
- Please don’t allow dogs on chairs or the settee without first covering with the doggy rug provided.
- Dogs should not be left unattended in the cottages.